Git is a great SCM / VCS, but sometimes it can be scary: unless you start keep trace of those useful commands which can save your day!
If your git knowledge is a little on the beginner side you might start with the following tutorials:
- a completely interactive step-by-step tutorial
- an interactive playground to understand Git concepts
- a dynamic and pretty understandable cheatsheet
- the official book, also available in other languages
- a well made and well organized tutorial
Ever needed to get back to a clean repo to apply a quick fix while you are in the middle of something and plenty of changes waiting to be committed?
The default fast-forward merge strategy is not always the most advice-able with regards to your repo history tree:
Often a non fast-forward merge strategy generates an easier to follow history tree:
Git status is quite…
View original post 103 altre parole